Sunday, August 26, 2007

Favorite Baby Things

You know when something fun happens, you think "Gee I should blog that". Seriously I have tons to blog about, but after a weekend of weddings and wedding showers (4 weddings this summer 3 of which I am going to, one that Dad! was able to make it to) I am seriously burnt out. Add to the fact on Thursday night Dad! and I thought it was a good idea to drink a bottle of wine and follow up with "El Presidente's" (giant margaritas) Friday was a slightly long and painful day. Oy. Oh and then there was Friday night at DogMama's house where we drank a batch of her Sangria, good times I tell you. Add in a wedding with an open bar, and you have a Mamamama who is now sticking to water for a couple days. Mmmmm water. 

So back to the blog post. I thought I would list a few of the things I really liked having for Rito as a baby. It is amazing how much stuff you really don't need and what you end using the most surprises you. I have decided that when friends and family have babies in the future I am not buying clothing but instead some items from this list, because seriously we got way too much baby clothing. 

The Raz Baby Raz-Pak.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



This was the handiest little thing ever. I initially used it for portioning out formula when we went out, but now it houses crackers, cookies and other snacks for the day. I think it is the one thing we will use even after Rito is done with it. 



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pretty useful, with this handy set of clips I don't have to worry about keeping a stack of bibs on me when we go out. Anything can be a bib with these. Rito also likes to play with these when he is sitting in his car seat. Whatever works right?




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Love Love Love this pillow. Rito is 14 months old and is no longer breastfeeding yet we still use it all the time. I like it because it isn't crescent shaped (we all know what pillow I am talking about) and is really big, so Rito still fits on it for our night time cuddles.  It also makes a great pregnancy pillow (I bought it when I was 6 months pregnant) and the cover is removable and washable. Dad! has also been known to use it as a pillow for TV watching. 


I just love this brand. They make the best (I think) sippy cups I tried, they don't leak and you can get two different straw sizes which is great since Rito will have nothing to do with the sippy styled cups. I love their cutlery, it has large bowls in the spoon, so you can shovel larger amounts into the babies mouth Their ice teethers are the best! Rito loves the duck one shown below and is plain happy to chew on the duck beak. 



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now there are many more things I could add to this list but I have covered my favorites. What are your favorites?