Friday, April 20, 2007

Score, Score again, The Grandma Box and Anxiety

Score #1

My Auntie that works at the Aerosoles store was working today and I got 2 pair of shoes that do not kill my feet! I would link to them, but it appears that the online store does not carry the cute little shoes adorning my feet right now!

Score #2 with a little bragging

Clothes at H&M fit me. Woot! Woot! I actually braved the lines at the store today to try on some stuff, all which zipped up with no fat roll camel toe issues. I finally lost enough weight (only 15 pounds) that I am not pushing the capacity of real clothing and knocking on the door of the big lady store. Let me tell ya, I love to shop and that is a relief! Now I only bought a white coat in a size Large (not XL but they dont have XL there so whatever) which is still a hoodie but a fashionable one. I really do need to break the mold of the Mommiform next and get some jeans that fit soon.

The Grandma Box

In 3 weeks I return to work, which means the Grandmas (Grams and LoudGranny) are going to be taking an active part in childcare for us. I am only returning to work nights mostly, but will be working 5 day shifts a month for the rest of the summer for staff coverage issues. So i have put together boxes for each Grannys house that has stuff that you need to keep LittleMan during a 24 hour period. I have tons of diapers, shampoo, soap, cereal, baby foods, sippy cups, diaper bags (so Grams and LoudGranny can leave the house), bowls, spoons, bibs, blankets, powder, rash cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, q-tips, baby cookies, lotion andcollapsible toy containers for the toys already at the Grandmothers house in the boxes. I hope I do not forget anything too important. Which brings me to the last topic:

Anxiety

I am nervous as all heck returning to work. Now, going back to work doesn't bug me and leaving my LittleMan with the Grandparents doesn't worry me either. What I worrry about is how the hell am I going to continue to do it all? I know I will have to rely on ManToy to pitch in a little more on the child care front, and when he is working I need to count on the Grandparents. But, I am going to be working nights, and need to sleep a bit during the day, and make dinner, clean and see my son. This all stresses me out. I know it is only 2 days a week (except 1 week a month is 3 days) but I already feel like I am stretched to my limits. I hope I can balance it all. ManToy is out of town when I first return to work so that gives me a bit of time to iron out any potential problems.

Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

No comments: