Monday, September 24, 2007

Where the Silence is Deafening


Last week Dad! and I finally left Rito with LoudGranny and Grams and went away for a couple nights. Other then going to work, this was my first time ever leaving my little guy overnight, and it almost killed me. I would be lying if I told you I didn't cry a bit as I handed him over to my Mom when we left, but I soon got over it and so did Rito.


Dad! and I hid away in the mountains for two nights, and let me tell you with no TV or radio in our cabin, the silence was deafening. I really think I need some noise to get a decent nights sleep. I am so used to us having the radio on in our room and the baby monitor on at night, to hear nothing but a couple birds and the odd person going to the other cabins was just strange. I am such a city girl at heart.

The drive out was nice, and you know what made it so good? Having satellite radio in the car, we always had something to listen to (it is usually on Howard Stern when Rito isn't around) and we didn't have to resort to listening to park radio while driving through the mountains. Ahhhh, technology. Satellite radio is the best. thing. ever.

So I leave you with some photos of our trip and I am not lying when I tell you that I am thrilled to be back at home with my cranky, not sleeping and cutting-two-damn-molars-at-once little man. Regular blog posts will be resuming now. 


The violent water at Kicking Horse


The Natural Bridge at Kicking Horse


The view from the balcony of our cabin

We actually hiked all the way around the lake (it was supposed to be a quick walk before dinner, quick my ass it was 2 hours and the last half of the hike was pretty treacherous) and canoed on it. For those who know me you may think that is craziness; SleepyNita canoeing????? That is all the hippy granola fun stuff I can handle for a couple weeks. 

The World's Cutest Little Guy

Because all the cool babies rock a happy-face-and-crossbones T-shirt like this one. He has a matching doo-rag but doesn't care to keep it on too much. 

2 comments:

ADW said...

Still having problems downloading your site. Nice pics though!!

Kimberly said...

Love the shirt on your sweetie!! My youngest (8 yrs old) has a mad crash on skulls right now. She's got them everywhere!

BTW- I think your blog loads wonderfully :)